Research and Creative Works
Books Authored and Edited
A Collection of poems by Writers Workshop, Kolkata, 2015
Texts, Contexts, (edited) 2015.
Essays in Literature. Bodhi Tree Books and Publications, Trivandrum (2016)
remembering our grandmothers (edited) (2019)
( Red River Publications, June 2019)
Bodhi Tree Books and Publications, Trivandrum (2020)
( Dhauli Publications, 2021) Novel
Arms and the Women: A Case Study of Some Women Entrepreneurs in the Garo Hills” in the Consequences and Coping Mechanisms Edited by Sukhvinder Kaur Multani, The ICFAI University press, Hyderabad, 2009.
“Under Surveying Eyes: Ethnographical Profiling and the Construction of ‘Identities’in the Colonial Writings in the Garo Hills” in the book Theory and Practice of Ethnography: Reading from the Peripheries Edited by Eswarappa Kasi and Ramesh C. Malik . IGRMS, New Delhi, 2009.
(ed. Jyothi KG) Thrissur: Mayflower Publishers, 2017 (pp. 121-26), Pp. 121-26. ISBN 978-93-85894-18-3
(Ed. Lekshmy Rajeev) Eka Books, 2019.
Singing in the Dark.(Eds. K.Satchidanandan and Nishi Chawla) Penguin, 2020.
3. Content Production
Cell Phone Culture’: For 'Instructional Material for Educational Purposes. Epathsala (2014)
4. Conference Organized
5. Journal Publications
1. Babitha Justin.”Achik as Christian: Proselytism and Violence on Travel Literature, A Case Study of William Carey’s The Garo Jungle Book”, Protocol, Spring, 2007.
2. Babitha Justin.”Portraits Speak, The Politics of Portrait Making: Looking at Ravi Varma’s Laxmi Bai”, Protocol, Fall, 2007.
3. Babitha Justin.”Resistance and Conformity in the Project Colonial: A Study of Shakuntala Paintings in Ravi Varma”. Dominance and Resistance in Text and Context: Probing Colonial and Post Colonial history of India, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, London, 2009
4. Babitha Justin.‘Tourism Propagated: A Study of Travel and Tourist Texts’ has been peer reviewed and vetted for publication. Protocol: Journal of Translation, Creative and Critical Writings, Vol. V, No. I & II Spring and Winter, 2011.
5. N S, Jayalekshmi, and Babitha Justin. ” The Householder: A Comedy within the Times of Nehruvian Nationalism.” International Multidisciplinary e-Journal 4.11 (2015):7-16.2.
6. N S, Jayalekshmi, and Babitha Justin. “Documenting Indian Rhythms in James Ivory’s the Sword and the Flute.” International Journal of Humanities & Social Science Studies 2.3 (2015): 241-253.
7. Gayathri G. R and Babitha Justin. “Framing the Marginalized: A Critique on the Portrayal of Physically Challenged Female Characters in Selected Malayalam Movies.” Indian Scholar: An International Multidisciplinary e- Journal. Volume 5 Issue 1, September 2018, 21-28.
8. Gayathri G. R and Babitha Justin. “Exploring Fat Lives: A Critical Analysis and Comparitive Reading of Two South Indian Movies; Da Thadiya (2012) and Inji Iduppazhagi (2015). Research Guru: Online Journal of Multidisciplinary Subjects, Volume 12 Issue 3, December 2018, 344-54.
9. Gayathri G. R and Babitha Justin. “Mad Women in the Attics of Malayalam Cinema: A Study on the Representation of Feminine Psychic Space.” Littcrit, December 2018.
10. Gayathri G. R and Babitha Justin. “The Meandering Mind: A Critical Analysis of the Malayalam Film Aham”. Journal of Literature and Aesthetics Upcoming in July 2019.
11. Babitha Justin.“Tedious Transits to Modernity: the Story of Some women Entrepreneurs in the Garo Hills, Meghalaya”, Kerala Sociologist: Journal of the Kerala Sociological Society, June 2018.